Sunday, May 27, 2012

Silver lining

Despite all the negativity I've been feeling lately, I found my silver lining today :).
Today I met up with two of my good friends.
These friends have a special place in my heart. I don't see them often, so it's always fun to catch up and see what they're up to. In addition, unlike most of the people I was seeing on a daily basis this year, they studied linguistics with me. So, in a way, they're my "linguistic" friends.

It was refreshing talking to a different group of people. We spent about three hours talking about how our linguistic background has effect our lives with a remembrance of the people in the classes we didn't like, and then it went to talking about various cute butts, to who was cute or not.

It was such a refreshing change. A day where I didn't have to deal with the usual boring topics, ie: anything to deal with archaeology, other classmates, *eye roll*

In general, we all liked the change. I find myself missing them loads. Since my undergraduate degree was a double major. I was able to have a two group of friends who had different topics of interest (thank god!) and different views on life. Strangely, it was the linguistic group that I preferred to hang with most of the time. 

I just have to remember, to keep looking for that silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment