Friday, May 11, 2012

a look into the past

I was recently digging around my room, and came across some... "artifacts"

In late 2006, I was in my last year of high school and looking at what to after.
I had a lot of stress, with a failing course, and, never having failed anything before, thought my life was coming to an end. (it's so silly, i know)

To cope with my stress, I started to write letters to "my future self". Don't worry, there's not much interesting, mostly me ranting about how crappy I thought my life was hell... etc.

Looking back on these letters I can't seem to think how silly I was. I also think of the timing of the discovery of these letters. In my previous posts, I mention about me making decisions and the stresses which I'm putting on myself. The difficulty which I talk about in my letters, also talk about me making decisions of what to do after high school.

I'm going to treat this as a sign.... My problems now aren't really anything. I'm going to look back on this in a couple of years and just shake my head. Another pro which has come up is reviving my letter writing. I can't believe I've stopped, it really helped in releasing my stress. and I've decided to continue writing them... this time to other people, and not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment