Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ramblings Pt 1

I'm starting teachers college in september. I should be happy, since it's what I waned to do. But, honestly speaking, I'm not.

I'm attending a school that wasn't my first choice. This school has a pretty good program, but It's located in a different city, in that I'd have to live away from home. Im not worried about moving away from home as most people would think. But it's the financial burden that has be frustrating.

The cost of tuition is about 6-8 thousand. And since there's no way of living at home, the cost of rent. Transportation, not only to and from home, but to and from placements for in classroom training. This might sound like it's not that bad, but in my case, it might mean factoring the price of a car.

When you have an image/ ideal of how you want something to be... And in reality nothing goes according to plan, the whole world feels like it's falling apart.
People are saying that I should be happy. But I somehow see this as a failure. I applied to 5 schools. I was only able to get one offer, 3 waitlisting and one rejection. I expected a rejection and being wait listed. But I thought that I would have been able to have more options to where to wanted to accept an offer.

I constantly ask myself, what did I do wrong?

I have still yet to hear back from the wait listings. I have till June.

No comments:

Post a Comment